WELCOME

Hello friends! Please, come in take a seat. Let me get you a warm beverage and we'll talk. Green chair studio is my heart and passion. Photographing your personal bit of heaven --- your wedding.. your child or your pet --- is a gift to me daily. Would you like to meet in person for lattes to discuss your session needs/wants/desires? Pop on over to the website give me a shout and we'll calendar merge. By the way, I love hearing from you, so whether you are just stopping by, or are a loyal reader...leave a little comment. Hearing from you makes my day crispy and fresh!

Thursday, August 6, 2009

day of my birth














August 4th. 8/04 otherwise known as my BIRTHDAY! :)

To celebrate this last year of being 30 I decided to not rush to just take my time. There would be time enough today. I enjoyed each happy birthday message and phone call...I took time to shop for the yummies I knew I would want later in the day...I separated the minutes and found time in the in-between to make my birthday sammich (GF bread + ham + mayo + heaps of crunchy lettuce) My standard.

When I thought I was late and in a hurry back to my car, I had brushed past the homeless man selling papers and that didn't feel right. So I turned back and put a dollar in the 'Street Roots' jar.

In doing so I walked back in time into a conversation I had unknowingly walked away from. I was gifted with smiles and knowing two people a bit better than I had 5 min before. There was time for that certainly!

Each time I heard the familiar, "you better hurry..you are going to be late.. your gonna miss it..." I took a breath and said, "later hunny, I'll worry about time later".
What I wanted from this day was enjoyment + peace + plenty of time.

After my sammich, towel, and other goods were packed, I drove at a delicious pace up the 84 (oh yeah.. 8/4 rules!!!) to the Washington side of the Columbia River Gorge. I was on the final leg of my journey across The Bridge of the Gods when I was surprised to see an older man guarding a car full of honey! Now, not being one to pass up a car full of honey, I swooshed the car into the gravel parking lot.

The Honey Man was more than happy to tell me about how his son harvested from over 1300 hives + give sample tastings. Scrumptious!!! I made my selection of Raw blackberry honey, took some photos and motored onward. Still right on Time.

I pulled up to my friends farm around 1:30, exchanged quick greetings and then took a blanket + journal + BBQ chips to a grassy meadow behind the barn.
My intention was to look at where I have been this past year and ahead to what might come...journal and just experience the bliss of being in nature. What happened was a nap! And it was goooood.

When I woke up, I went exploring....found heaven in sun-ripened blackberries and munched my way back to the car.

The evening continued with friends, fabulous food, puppies, cats older than Christmas, harvesting our own garlic and laughter.

When we had filled our hearts and bellies to overflowing, we parted and each headed back to home. But wait!!! I had been intent on swimming!

Unable to wrangle anyone else to go with. I stopped on the way home at the Boat Dock in town and stood astonished at the brilliant almost full moon shinning on the Columbia River. It took me awhile but eventually I got up the courage to leave my fears on the dock and jump into the black water. I've never done it before, but I will most certainly do it again...and being in one's birthday suit under the gleam of a new moon seemed entirely appropriate.

If August 4th, 2009 is any indication of what my 39th year will hold, I am indeed one VERY lucky woman. It was perfect. And really there was and is always time enough.

{p.s. if you want to see the rest of the day and photos of the Honey Man...friend me on face book.. you'll get the full monty...sort of :P Heaven McArthur }

4 comments:

  1. Totally gorgeous. Beautiful. Beautiful! I hung on every word!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mmmmmmmmmmm....I love the way you can explain a feeling right into my heart, between my toes and into my eyes. You are lovely. Even more lovely than your birthday day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh such a great way to spend a day! Hold on to that sense of everything in it's own time!

    Love love love!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Denise..did you see??? did you?? you left that comment at 8:04!!!!! YEYEYEYEYEYEYEY.. makes me so happy+tappy!

    ReplyDelete