WELCOME

Hello friends! Please, come in take a seat. Let me get you a warm beverage and we'll talk. Green chair studio is my heart and passion. Photographing your personal bit of heaven --- your wedding.. your child or your pet --- is a gift to me daily. Would you like to meet in person for lattes to discuss your session needs/wants/desires? Pop on over to the website give me a shout and we'll calendar merge. By the way, I love hearing from you, so whether you are just stopping by, or are a loyal reader...leave a little comment. Hearing from you makes my day crispy and fresh!

Wednesday, January 13, 2010

My Valentine

Valentine's day is creeping around the corner. I can hear it's tiny cat feet on the back stairs. This year as in the two previous...I am my own Valentine. There is no special someone to swoop me up with flowers and kisses. And this year, I am more than OK with that. It's been a long road to get to, but SO very worth it.

The first building block in my re-building, came in the form of photography. Shocker!

I was in L.A. assisting on a shoot with the very talented Rachel Stephens. We were giving women the chance to explore their sensuality with classic boudoir photography. I was in awe...these women were AMAZING! I watched them transform before my eyes. They would start shy and timid and end truly claiming their sensuality and power. And they were having so much FUN!

As luck would have it, one of the women scheduled that day, canceled. Rachel turned to me and and said, "you in?" I think I blinked twice, twisted a strand or two of hair and then said, "YES!"

I was very freshly going through a divorce, one I was not choosing to go through. I was feeling un-loveable, un-worthy, un-sexy and un-human.

With music coaxing me..I stepped before the camera. I looked up and saw a room of women {rachel + the makeup artists} cheering me on, telling me how awesome I looked and giving a hoot or two. Women, I don't need to tell you how good it feels to have 'girlfriends' around supporting you. I stepped up and out and embraced the moment. I laughed, pouted, teased, and posed my way back into 'me'.

I can't tell you what a photo session like this will do for you. I can only tell you how empowering and life changing it was for me. At a time in my life when I was at my lowest, I was reminded that life, and girlfriends, supports you. That I was still every bit a woman.

Whether you are your own Valentine this year or you have someone special, boudoir photography is the perfect way to celebrate.

Happy Valentine's day to you all. Love yourself well so that you can go forth and love the world.

peace + love

*if you are interested in a full session for Valentine's Day, they can be booked weekdays during the month of January...please call or email for times + availability. greenchairstudio@gmail.com + 503.810.0088. Thank you!

-Heaven

No comments:

Post a Comment