WELCOME

Hello friends! Please, come in take a seat. Let me get you a warm beverage and we'll talk. Green chair studio is my heart and passion. Photographing your personal bit of heaven --- your wedding.. your child or your pet --- is a gift to me daily. Would you like to meet in person for lattes to discuss your session needs/wants/desires? Pop on over to the website give me a shout and we'll calendar merge. By the way, I love hearing from you, so whether you are just stopping by, or are a loyal reader...leave a little comment. Hearing from you makes my day crispy and fresh!

Monday, October 19, 2009

Carl came to Portland...

This post is for my nephew Benjamin. He is one of the best boys on the planet...his brother Gabe being the other. Nope, I'm not biased at ALL. They really are.

When their mom sent me a text saying Benny had a project for school and could I help out, I said how high!?

What I got in the mail a week later was Carl. Carl is a hermit crab. A flat paper hermit crab that is traveling the globe to take back stories and pictures to Benjamin's class. They get to learn about other cities, countries, how other people live, geography...fun stuff! Can they mail me next time?

Carl flies home tomorrow. I'll miss that little scamp. But I have my memories to keep me warm.

Here is a bit of his story. {a very abbreviated bit...I don't want to give away too much before he gets back to class}

--------------------

CARL GOES TO PORTLAND OREGON

{pronounced.. or-gun}


PHEWWWW what a trip to travel via USPS! Well I arrived in Portland, OR on a gorgeous Fall day, the sun was shinning, the birds were calling, the coffee was brewin’. Perfect!

I immediately met my housemates, Oliver + Synnie and got a good snuggle + a nap. Oliver said I could use his belly as a bed since, well...it’s big enough. Although he told me he has been working on exercising more. Been doing his little kitty crunches. He is down 4 lbs to a svelte 20 lbs! {Oh MY!!.. but I said that under my breath. I didn’t want to offend him}





On my second day in Portland we went with my hostess to her friend Annie's house. Annie lives on the Washington Side of the Columbia River Gorge & was having a Birthday party/pumpkin carving/cider press out at her sheep farm! Whoot! So we jumped in the car and drove up I 84 to the tiny town of Stevenson, WA.

Along the way we made a stop at Multnomah Falls.






When we got to Annie’s they were already diggin’ into the pumpkins so we had to make up for lost time and get to carvin’ I selected the pumpkin.



I couldn’t resist hopping inside just to see if I would fit. I do!



This is Ruppa the 8-month-old border collie that lives on the farm. We unfortunately didn't see any sheep though. Bahhhh..



Here I am putting the finishing touches on the Skeleton Jack – Jack-o-lantern!



On my third day, I got to hang out at Dogstar in the Play-yard with about 30 dogs!! I was a little nervous, but the Play-yard handler Ben was there to hold onto me and we even got into a great game of tug-o-war! It was 6 dogs to the two of us. We didn’t win. Then Ben let me toss the ball around...so much fun!





My time here in Portland is up, but I will for sure want to come back and bring Benny and the whole family!

1 comment:

  1. Hahaha! Fabulous post!! Love him with the kitty boys.. and with his butcher knife!

    ReplyDelete